Saturday 2 February 2008

Saturday 2nd February

Yeh, hah a decent nights sleep at last. Forget talking about the weather, sleep is far more interesting and important (for me anyway). It is amazing what a difference a decent nights sleep makes. I had a Marie Curie nurse last night. I cannot praise them highly enough.

I touched on the help from friends in my last blog. Some friends have been coming into help with housework, others have helped by taking the children to and from school, doing shopping for us or by helping with the redressing of the bandages on my leg. Some have driven to our local airport to drop off or pick up friends/relations for us, or to just to do one off jobs to help us. In this day of self centered consumerism I cannot emphasise how amazed I feel at everyone's generosity.

I have added a photograph of myself to the blog site. I hope it does not scare anyone away. I have also opened up the posting of comments so that anonymous posts can be made.

It feels strange to think that so many people might be interested in my blog (by many I mean more than just me). I started it as a way to relieve frustration and keep our friends informed as to how I was feeling on a daily basis. I hope it succeeds in this.

Jazz please, my wife wants to know what all the ROAMING was about now. Seriously, though, thanks for all your help and continuing support, be in touch later.

Time for my dinner now, right in the middle of the England v Wales match. I got to see the Ireland v Italy match earlier. Great result for Ireland, well done they deserved it.

Bye for now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fair play, I have disabled siblings whose disabilities get worse & worse, I find it hard to even think about their problems. I'm sure you have friends & family who find it hard to cope - I know you will make it easy for them. It's the people who can't cope care an awful lot, but they need to be reassured. I don't think I'm putting this right & I hope you know what I mean, what I'm saying is that some people who care a whole pile about you may not have got in touch, they are frightened, 'cause they love you so much. It may not have happened, but I'm like that, I am terrible to comfort the bereaved, I am shite at talking to someone who is dying, some are great, I can't cope. Yes - yes it's not about me, but I'm thinking about the person I'm supposed to comfort, I'm shite.

You are a wonderful man, you make us all realise that this (unfortunately) is the future for most of us. You are so brave, I don't think I could be as brave.

Very kind regards,

Mary

e-mail gcscomputerteacher@eircom.net

Anonymous said...

Morning David, I have been tossing and turning over something I wrote yesterday, I said that we as a family enjoy reading your blog. Enjoy was the wrong word and it has been annoying me. You have known me long enough to know their is no enjoyment taken from the situation. We as a family are privaleged and honoured to be a part of your family. As for the ROAMING, Geraldine you have nothing to worry about David only has eyes for you. Our ROAMING was totally innocent but memories I will cherish forever. Lots of Love always.

Harry Barnes said...

All the very best David. I have arrived here via your unrepentant brother-in-law's blog. I only saw the very end of the England v Wales game, when it was half-time at the terrible Liverpool v Sunderland soccer game which I was watching on Setanta - well it was terrible for a Sunderland supporter.

Anonymous said...

Hi David.
It is 9pm,i am wondering how you are this evening? I know from Geraldine you have had family around,imagine it has it joy's and sadness.
I have only known you for a short while but i am aware that you are a grat family man, sensitive and caring. Geraldine was lucky to have had you as a husband, she showed me the photo's of your wedding you looked so happy together really well suited.
I told Geraldine about a poem, i only remember one line.--"To Live on in the Hearts that we leave Behind is not to Die"
I am not sure this helps because not one of us can cope with separation, it is too painful. Your courage leave's me feeling humble. I wish i lived just down the road then i could pop in. However it is good that you have set this blog up so at least i can hear from your you how you are doing.
Speak to you soon. By the way you take a good photo.
love margaret.