Sunday 27 January 2008

Sunday 27th January 2008

Whoops, forgot to say. Last night was a good night. I was able to sleep in my chair from about 2 A.M. to 7 A.M. (I can no longer sleep in a bed as my lungs fill up with mucous and I wake up coughing). This was a great nights sleep for me. Yesterday was a fairly interesting day. A close friend of mine came round to say hello and have a chat. Another family friend flew over from Ireland on friday to spend the weekend with us. She is very generous and kind hearted as she has her own husband and family back in Ireland and yet she still manages to find the time to come over.

Fortunately we are blest with the number of friends locally who are eager and willing to help us wherever and whenever they can. It has made a tremenous difference to us.

Time to go I think. The children are getting up and my carer should be along, at any minute, to wash me and get me dressed. I will then be ready for the district nurses to arrive and re-bandage my legs (which has to be done on a daily basis, I am afraid). And so onto another day .....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

David (small c, big C)
I'm really sorry to hear you're having a bit of a rough time with your illness. Sounds like you have a very supportive family which I'm sure is a great comfort to you.
My best wishes
Joe Briffa
joe.briffa@hotmail.com