Monday 28 January 2008

Night of Sunday 27th January

Not a very good night I am afraid. My right leg has suddenly started to gush fluid. The result, saturated bandages, trousers and slippers. After 6 hours the clean bandages are saturated again. They are now being changed at 11:00 A.M. and 7:00 P.M. The only trouble is that they are dripping wet by 1:00 A.M. and there is no-one available to change them. The home help that we had last night phoned the District Nurses and asked if they would come out to change my bandages at 1:00 A.M. and was told that District Nurses do not come out at night to change bandages. Geraldine and the home help had a go at changing my bandages at 6:00 A.M. this morning to try and provide me with some relief. My next visit from the District Nurses is due at around 11:00 A.M. this morning.

So I got a couple of hours sleep, last night, which means that I am tired now. I fell asleep in my chair at about 2:00 A.M. and woke up coughing and spluttering at 4:00 A.M. It took a while to clear my lungs. I eventually fell asleep again at about 5:00 A.M. and woke up at about 6:00 A.M., so roll on another day and let us see what else have you got to throw at me that is new and unpleasant ?

No comments: